Ok, so…. we all like cake right! Well, I have spent a lot of time on here just writing about stuff besides cake! It is now time to give cake some credit! Here is a few yummy recipes, and the history that goes with them!
TRIPLE FUDGE CAKE: CRAZY YUMMY!:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. semi sweet chocolate squares, chopped
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. instant coffee powder
6 lg. eggs, separated
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
Chocolate Glaze Chocolate Drizzle
5. Set pan in 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to come halfway up side of pan. Bake for 45 minutes (mixture will be slightly soft in center). Remove pan from roasting pan, cool in pan on rack. Remove side of pan; invert cake on plate. Discard waxed paper. 6. Prepare glaze, evenly spread warm glaze on cake. 7. Prepare drizzle. Pour melted milk chocolate mixture and white chocolate mixture into separate small decorating bags with small writing tubes, drizzle chocolates on top of cake with toothpick, lightly run through drizzle to make pretty design. 8. To serve, dip knife into hot water and dry quickly. The heated blade will cut through cake without sticking. Make 16 servings.
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. light corn syrup
1 tsp. shortening
1 tsp. shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Buttermilk Glaze
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Line 3 (9-inch) round cakepans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour wax paper. Set pans aside.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.